Inauspicious Start To Udon Thani School Semester As Fire Razes Uniform Shop

A fire caused B10 million in damage to a shop selling stationary and student uniforms in Udon Thani late Tuesday night.

Udon Thani fire

No one was injured in the blaze at the store, Chutima, which is about 500 metres from the Tambon Nong Han municipal offices in Nong Han district.

Firefighters got the call shortly after 12.30am and spent two hours bringing it under control, but the entire shophouse was gutted and a Toyota Fortuner SUV was damaged.

Shop owner Chutima Singsuksri, 58, said she was sleeping in a ground-floor bedroom when her daughter smelled smoke.

They ran outside as the fire on the second floor quickly spread, fed by a fresh stock of school uniforms that were ready for the new semester.

The cause of the blaze has yet to be determined.

(Source: – The Nation,Thailand)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *